Best spots to ride eScooters in Canberra
Posted 20th September 2021. Category: General.
Are you interested in riding an electric scooter in Canberra?
Our scooters are awesome! Canberrans have an excellent selection of scooters to choose from, and Walksmart can assist in selecting the most suitable scooter. It does not matter whether you are looking to minimise parking costs, or take a trip around Lake Burley Griffin; if you are seeking the most powerful scooter in Canberra, or would like to slow down and enjoy more of this beautiful city - we have the right scooter for you.
You should know some information before adding our scooter items to your cart. Our team has compiled a summary for you to start with, but it is important that you fully understand all the issues.
Is it legal to Ride Electric Scooters in Canberra?
Now the Canberra government permits the use of e scooters (as well as other personal mobility devices like Segways and e-skates). Despite their benefits, electric scooters have some common-sense restrictions in Canberra. Here are a few guidelines about using electric scooters around the nations capital.
- When riding your e scooter in the ACT, you are required to wear a bicycle helmet approved by the ACT government.
- If there is no footpath or nature strip present or if they are too impractical, you cannot ride your e-scooter on the road.
- As with vehicle road rules, pedestrians must give way and keep to the left.
- You should show courtesy to others and ride appropriately. There is a 15km/h speed limit on footpaths and a 25km/h speed limit on shared/bike paths. Using a crossing requires slowing down to 10km h, being prepared to stop, keeping your left and allowing pedestrians to cross. Ride more slowly around other vehicles or pedestrians.
- Campbelltown Bicycle Education & Road Safety Centre
- Neither alcohol nor drugs may be consumed, nor can you operate a mobile telephone or carry passengers while impaired.
- All minor children must be supervised by an adult at all times.
Best Spots to Ride in Canberra
Hence, all types of scooters, owners and questions are warmly welcomed in our group and there are no restrictions at the moment.
We invite you to join our little group and make a vast difference in your life. Share your journey with us and let us plan more rides together in the near future.
If you are interested in joining our club please click on this link for Facebook Group & voila you are a cherished member of this club now!
WalkSmart is Australia’s first electric scooter brand that offers a more sustainable and convenient way to get around, so they have been releasing electric scooter models that cater to commuters and offer micro-mobile solutions for riders.
Please feel free to check our best recommendations of escooters if you intend to buy one of the best electric scooter this season.
To seek professional advice, please contact us by clicking on this link.
WalkSmart recommends that you check your local state laws and regulations in relation to using electric scooters in public locations, roads and footpaths. Laws vary state by state and therefore may limit use to private locations only. Each local body is reviewing public electric scooter use, so we expect it to be regulated, but legal in all states within the short term. Feel free to contact WalkSmart if you have any further queries.