What is the best scooter to get in 2019 in Australia?
Posted 25th October 2019. Category: General.
Nowadays, there are even more scooters to choose from and importing them from London, United States, China, we can only assume the comfort by what the advertiser tells us what we want to believe. We at WalkSmart had tested several scooters and will give you insight on which scooter we think is the best one. Not only that, but we will also point out to you, the scooter's fault! That is right, and we believe that being transparent is the best as we want you to help you get your perfect scooter.
Let's start from our best selling one or best on price: Xiaomi M365!
This scooter is best for all-around commuting and placed at a reasonable price. Sure, by the popularity, there are some copies that you have to avoid. There might be cheaper one out there for a more competitive price (i.e. $550 or lower), and you might be thinking to yourself 'Oh! I am getting such a bargain! Let me get this deal quick!' By next Friday when you received your scooter, I will tell you that 85% of you would not be able to tell the difference between real and fake one.
Fake Xiaomi has two distinct difference:
1. That is not that obvious is that it will break. (No duh, Ed). I know, I know… Every scooter does, but how soon is the question. Well, you'll be lucky to get six months out from these fake Xiaomi. You would be looking at lesser quality and overall worse riding experience. On some, you won't even be able to climb hills.
2. The Xiaomi Logo. That's right folks! Easy way to know the difference is the Xiaomi logo on the plate where you stand. Fake one does not have this.
Rest easy, as we do sell the real and original Xiaomi M365! For those of you who are really on the verge with budgeting, I want you to ask yourself, do you REALLY need an electric scooter? Cause I want you to ask yourself, 'Is it worth it to pay $100 or even $200 more and get a more decent scooter?' Now that you do know that Xiaomi last longer.
Honest opinion for the Xiaomi:
- Goes 25kph and 25km, which is fantastic.
- Medium weighted so you don't tire yourself.
- Cheap and can save you some money for the long run.
- Tyres, however, might get punctured.
- Pole might get wobbly (contact us how to solve this)
For longest range: ZERO 10X!
This scooter is best known for the insane 110 km range. That's right, 110 kilometres. We definitely would NOT recommend this model for anyone who is just beginning to ride an electric scooter. This is the best scooter on the market if you like fun, craziness, excitement, and don't care about weight. 'Humankind cannot obtain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.' (Fullmetal Alchemist, 2010). Weighted about 35kg, the scooter sacrificed its portability, and in exchange, this scooter can be unlocked to reach its full potential of 65kph.
ZERO 10X will be the game-changer for your everyday commute as long as you promised to us and everyone that you will always be safe. With great power, comes great responsibility.
Honest opinion for the ZERO 10X:
- Fast. It will take you places. Hell and back.
- Awesome suspension! Grouts? Holes? Australian roads? Yeah nah, no worries!
- It is cumbersome. Lifting it to the train takes a massive effort. If you need to carry this up the stairs, I wish you the best of luck, lovely people.
- POWER, POWER, POWER!!! Climbing? Psh, I dare you to find something it cannot climb. Someday, I felt like I can even climb a building. I await that day until now.
For the smoothest and sleekest design: Unagi!
Design is something each of us always had in mind. Have you got some money? Buy some art! Need a scooter? Buy Unagi! You legit will NOT find a better scooter than this in Australia. We even had a problem getting more stocks as the quantity is limited, and demand in America is too high. Now, coming to Australia!
This piece of art is one of a kind, and you will feel the smoothness of its acceleration. A little press and it will register that 1kph increase. You will feel as you ride through a water slide, gradually increasing and decreasing.
Honest opinion for the Unagi:
- Comfortable as riding on a magic cloud.
- Surprisingly light for the specs
- Dual Motor feels a bit weaker than Xiaomi Pro, definitely better than Xiaomi M365
- In-built horn! Who put a klaxon IN their scooter, seriously!? I love it.
For the most expensive: DUALTRON ULTRA
Costing at about $4,250 DUALTRON ULTRA is the real pocket burner in Australia. It is faster than ZERO 10X, with its 80kph speed and 110km range. Made from Korea, you would need a helmet and a valid licence in Australia. It is fun, yet, illegal for now going that fast. The scooter is more than capable of producing a 5400 Watts of power!We haven't tried it out, yet, you can contact our friend at ExtremeToys here: Click Here!
Stay tuned and follow the WalkSmart Instagram, Facebook and Youtube channel to keep up to date with the latest tips and tricks!
WalkSmart recommends that you check your local state laws and regulations in relation to using electric scooters in public locations, roads and footpaths. Laws vary state by state and therefore may limit use to private locations only. Each local body is reviewing public electric scooter use, so we expect it to be regulated, but legal in all states within the short term. Feel free to contact WalkSmart if you have any further queries.